WHAT DOES THIS TIME IN HISTORY CALL US TO DO?
Climate Change is real. It is gaining momentum, and we will be hard pressed to limit warming to 2 degrees by 2050, let alone 2030. We need to contemplate how we invest and how we live.
Climate Change Week September 20 – 26th highlights that we need to be advocates for Environmental Stewardship. Both at the institutional investment level, and equally at the personal level, what choices are we making?
- Are your portfolio companies planning for climate transition?
- Do you know what the carbon footprint of your investment portfolio is?
- Do you know the environmental policies of the companies that you and your church invest in?
- Do I advocate with my local and national government representatives to address climate change with concrete policies and actions?
- Where do I get my electricity? How do I heat my house?
- What means of transportation do I use and how frequently?
- Can I convert a portion of my lawn to native species that allow more rainfall to permeate the water table and be more drought resistant?
- Can I plant a garden to lessen my dependency on cross country shipping?
The choices we make reflect our values and influence the decisions which we make for our endowment investing and for our daily lives.