“We can use our resources for the realization of God’s will in the world.”
— Bishop Michael Curry
Quintin E. Primo III, CIG’s Chairman, on how CIG provides better, more efficient and responsible Investment Management for Episcopal Endowments.
The CIG Advantage
The Church Investment Group works with Episcopal endowments to achieve both financial performance and capital preservation while acting as stewards of our monetary resources.
By using the Outsourced Chief Investment Officer approach, assets are managed on a day-to-day basis, offering timely decision making and the ability to enhance returns while mitigating risk through agile asset allocation and investment selections. This approach, often unavailable to smaller investors, enables CIG to serve as a true partner to our investors, ensuring that their financial goals and cherished values are always interrelated and at the forefront of decisions.
What We Provide
- Full-Time Investment Guidance and Active Management through the Use of An Outsourced Chief Investment Officer.
- Benefits from Investing at Scale (Cost Effective Fees based on CIG’s collective assets).
- Transparency and High-Touch Client Engagement.
- Comprehensive Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investment Process.
- Advocacy for the Values of the Episcopal Church as a UNPRI Signatory and through participation in the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility and Carbon Disclosure Project.
How We Partner
CIG collaborates with you to implement a customized separate account, working with your Investment Committee on asset allocation, spending policy, ESG implementation and Impact tracking.
CIG has two funds that allow smaller investors to achieve scale and provides diversified portfolios that adhere to ethical criteria and practices:
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Multi-Asset Fund
- Fossil-Fuel Free Environmental, Social and Governance Multi-Asset Fund
Ethical Investing Approaches
Global events are moving the Episcopal Church – like many other thought-leading organizations – towards a greater climate and social consciousness. Church Investment Group’s focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investing allows Episcopal endowments to earn comparable returns while bringing about fundamental and lasting change within the Church and the world we serve.
“Trinity Episcopal Church has benefitted greatly from our partnership with Church Investment Group over the past several years. Working together in an open, collaborative and thoughtful manner, Trinity and CIG have worked with our OCIO to successfully restructure Trinity’s Legacy Fund with the goal of better aligning the Fund’s investment approach and structure with the church’s goals, mission and budgeting processes. CIG’s thought leadership and national perspective have been invaluable in helping Trinity frame and implement our goals- and mission-based investment strategies.”Trinity Church Indianapolis Legacy Fund Trustee
CIG makes investments in corporations that have sustainable environmental approaches, conscientious human rights policies, and good corporate governance practices while generating market competitive investment performance